Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems about interfacing AT89S52 with 16x2 text LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_714

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89s52 interfacing

Hi all,

i am doing a project which needs to control the text LCD with AT89S52. i got scuuess in initializing the LCD by connecting the 8 data pin to port 0 without using external pull-up resistor. However, when i try to connect to port 1 instead and make appropritate changes in programme, it can;t work.

can anyone explain the reason of failure?

Thanks!

Kit

at89s52 lcd schematic

Try using the resistor bank for pull up.It usually works.U need to use the pull ups wherever mentioned fror the controller.

read the datasheet of the lcd and give proper signals for initialising the Lcd.

If u want i may send u the code for lcd for 89c51.

Also check the voltage levels of the LCD and Controller....Sometimes the unwanted voltage drops occur which can cause reduced supply voltages for the circuit..

Ishan.

interfacing lcd 16x2 and at89c52

Hi,

in fact i got the c code for the interfacing of LCD and MCU. i still have questions about....

1. For AT89S52, other than port 0, port 1, 2 and 3 are internally pulled-up. i just wonder why i still need to add an external pull-up resistor for port 1....

2. is it possible to connect the data port to other port pins than port 0 for the interfacing of LCD?

Thanks in advanced.

Kit

lcd 16x2 to at89s52

Hi my frind

There is no problem for 89s52 with lcd nither with port 0 ,nor with any port
port1,2,3

I test all ports of AT89s52 with lcd with no problem

port 0,may be not working with some lcd's if the lcd itself dose't have a pull up resistors ..... note that i said may be ...

please upload your code and schematic to debuge and solve your problem

Regards

MedTronic

Status
Not open for further replies.