Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PNP Non-Inverting Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Bellow shown the PNP driver circuit.

Please anyone can tell me why the input=LOW then the Emitter=UN-know logic? The design is it correct? The 7405 output is open-collector, If the 7405 input is un-know logic so what is the actual 7405 output?

How to design the Non-Inverting Driver using PNP transistor?

Thank You

The design is correct, as far as the Emitter-follower circuit is concerned, but logic levels are not ..
The VIL (input-low-level-voltage) for TTL family is <0.8V and this circuit produces voltages above that level (with input at or within <VOL - output-low-level-voltage) ..

"Unknown logic" input may be misinterpeted by the 7405 gate as a 0, a 1, or simply noise ..

One PNP transistor can't be used as non-inverting TTL buffer/driver ..

Regards,
IanP

Help

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

May i know, how can i improve the design?

Thank You.

I am afraid you can't do much about single-transistor non-inverting-driver, however, by re-configuring it and adding second stage you can design a working TTL non-inverting-driver .. see picture below ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.