Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate capacitor mismatch number from Spectre model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rampat

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to calculate capacitor mismatch number from spectre model ?

calculating capacitor mismatch

what is spectre model? i am currently looking for computation of mismatch. i already read the art of analog layout of hastings but i need more. tnx.

capacitor mismatch tsmc

I am talking abt spectre spice model provided by TSMC for 0.18u CMOS technology

capacitor in 0.18u site:edaboard.com

Usually process specification include matching coefficients A for capacitors, resistors and transistors. Mismatching is described σ = A / (√ W • L)

capacitor mismatching

There are two points:
1. Normally, mismatch depent on the layout; So if some cap should be match, more should be pay; some papers include "the art of layout" has inform this;
2. One good fab should offer the different device mismatch datasheet, just as gevy said;

Added after 2 minutes:

BTW, welcome any comment and/or suggestions/ questions. Email->babbage.song@gmail.com

capacitor mismatch

Check the documetation offered by TSMC, you can see the function of sigma.

Re: capacitor mismatch

i think you can read the technology file from foundry

uote="rampat"]how to calculate capacitor mismatch number from spectre model ?[/quote]

capacitor mismatch

Just use worst case mismatched capacitor to run the simulation to evaluate the mismatch dependcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back