Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium and AutoCad files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkwolf

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
autocad altium

I have the latest and greatest Altium Designer Suite and the latest and greatest AotoCad LT 2007.

I cannot get Altium to import a simple DWG nor DXF file generated from my AutoCad LT 2007, no matter what file format permutations I use.

Is there an undocumented trick to doing so?

The DWG/DXF import works very well in Altium Designer.

The things that can make an import easier are to make sure your drawing origin is such that the entire drawing is in the first (positive) quadrant. Altium Designer workspace is 100inches by 100inches with the origin at (0,0) - your drawing must fall in that region. Depending on the complexity of your drawing, you also may need to explode polylines.

If you post or PM your DWG or DXF file where I can download it, I'll take a look at specifically what may be going wrong.

Thank you for your kind offer.

DWG & DXF file formats afre not allowed for upload on this forum, so I'll PM you.

If you Zip or RAR the file you should be able to post or PM. I've sent you an email from an account to which you can also forward the file.

Zipping or RARing a file protects the contents. Sending raw files sometimes results in corrupted data from the MIME encoding that is done on mail attachments.

Zip file of DWG and DXF attached.

I've tried relocating the UCS, still with no importation success into @ltium.

Here's your enclosure imported into AD6.8.

I took the following steps:
1. Import DXF into AD6.8 PCB editor using defaults.
2. Look at PCB List Panel and find that the primitives are at coordinates (130in,176in) which are outside the 100inx100in workspace.
3. Open a clean PCB in the editor, import the DXF using inch Acad units and (-100000mils, -100000mils) as the Acad (0,0) coordinates. This placed the imported primitives in the allowed AD workspace.
4. Select all and move selected to 2000,2000. Reset the relative origin to place the enclosure reference at 0,0.

jmarkwolf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks House_Cat.

I owe ya.

Here's your enclosure imported into AD6.8.

I took the following steps:
1. Import DXF into AD6.8 PCB editor using defaults.
2. Look at PCB List Panel and find that the primitives are at coordinates (130in,176in) which are outside the 100inx100in workspace.
3. Open a clean PCB in the editor, import the DXF using inch Acad units and (-100000mils, -100000mils) as the Acad (0,0) coordinates. This placed the imported primitives in the allowed AD workspace.
4. Select all and move selected to 2000,2000. Reset the relative origin to place the enclosure reference at 0,0.

hi,
i know its an old post but if you are still related to this site then plz help me in importing my antenna to altium but when i do it i got error msg can you plz help me in sought out this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back