Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a job (PhD in Wireless Communication).

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwjcwjcwj

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am going to complete my PhD before X'mas in UK. And I am currently looking for a job. I have skills with C/C++, MATLAB, Fortran. And my research areas are as follow:
Forward Error Correction (FEC), Error Control Coding, Turbo Codes, Convolutional Codes, Coded Modulation Systems, Modulations (BPSK, QPSK, QAM), OFDM, MIMO, WiMAX, WiFi, DVB, DAB, GPS, 3G, 4G, DSP

Thank you.

what can i do with a phd communication in usa

hi

if u have plns to relocate to netherlands . then please foward me ur resume. you can put it here.
Lets see if things will work out

Suresh

wireless communication phd usa

Hi all,
I'm also a PhD Student in my second year of researches in an internship within a Multinational Company. Like you cwjcwjcwj I'm afraid and worry about the future.
@ research235 and cwjcwjcwj,
What do you advise me to prepare/do in the meanwhile, since I have enough time now, in order to ensure having a good job.

I'll be very happy to relocate to USA, Canada, Europ (france, Germany, UK, Scandinavian countries), Australia, Korea or Japan.
This will surely motivate me a lot.

Thanks

phd job wireless

since ur doing Phd and also very flexible in relocating to any place i am sure u will find enough opputunities. Finish up Phd and post ur resume in monster.

Suresh

phd industrial job japan

Thanks,
But I know that industrial managers don't hire many PhDs. They prefer experienced engineers.
In addition, the PhD study cost 5 or 6 additional years of a compleate dedication to research after having finished the Engineering study. And this with a salary equal to the half of the salary of a fresh engineer.
In all the cases, unfortunatly, these years of sacrifice have not an important impact on salary after finishing the study. Perhaps in a long term it has, I don't know.
Maybe, that's why they goes to universities to teach.
This is the situation of a Phd in my country and a little bit France.
I hope being wrong in my thougths and I hope that it is not the case of the PhDs in anothers countries.

Regards,
Master_picengineer

phd internship wireless communication

Thanks research235. I have enclosed here with my CV. I am willing to relocate anywhere within Europe. Pls let me know or drop me an email if you need any further information. Thank you.

phd in electronics and communication

I hope you luck my brother.
Cheers,
Master_Picengineer

post phd ofdm kr

hi CWJ...

I will contact u back as soon as I hear some thing from my recruitting officer .

Suresh

top us universities wireless communication

Thanks. Looking forward to hear from you. Drop an email to me for any further discussion.

research positions, phd, wireless

I am uploading CV of my physics teacher. He is a wonderful teacher and a good researcher. He has done Ph D in semiconductor plasmas and have published 12 papers in international journals. He is looking for a better teaching and/or research opportunity.

phd job wireless canada

cwjcwjcwj said:
Thanks research235. I have enclosed here with my CV. I am willing to relocate anywhere within Europe. Pls let me know or drop me an email if you need any further information. Thank you.
Good luck to you:)
Very glad to see that you can speak cantonese and mandarin as well

canada jobs phd wireless

Come work for the United States Patent Office. U must be willing to relocate to the USA. Salary range from 65,000 to 75,000/year.

phd japan wireless

I wish to do PhD but can not relocate myself so Is there any way to get the tools needed for PhD

phd wireless communications jobs

radiotech said:
Come work for the United States Patent Office. U must be willing to relocate to the USA. Salary range from 65,000 to 75,000/year.

I don't mind to be relocated. Maybe you can drop me an email for further discussion.

phd cv for wireless communication

are you an US citizen? USPTO requires that the applicant have to be an US citizen. I almost forgot about it.

what is the job after finishing phd

Unfortunately, I am not US citizen. Any other chance then?

wireless communication academic job uk

sorry. That's the first requirement.

phd in 3g/4g wireless communication

Any other interesting job or role?

phd wireless communication + jobs

Yes,
I am doing ME BIOMEDICAL ENGG.
I have already done MSc in Electronics and my project in ME is wireless communication to doctor for sending vital biosignals (Blood Pressure,Heart Rate) from my sensing device.
so i will be happy if i get Phd in electronics that too wireless

phd in wirless communication

master_picengineer said:
Thanks,
But I know that industrial managers don't hire many PhDs. They prefer experienced engineers.
In addition, the PhD study cost 5 or 6 additional years of a compleate dedication to research after having finished the Engineering study. And this with a salary equal to the half of the salary of a fresh engineer.
In all the cases, unfortunatly, these years of sacrifice have not an important impact on salary after finishing the study. Perhaps in a long term it has, I don't know.
Maybe, that's why they goes to universities to teach.
This is the situation of a Phd in my country and a little bit France.
I hope being wrong in my thougths and I hope that it is not the case of the PhDs in anothers countries.

Regards,
Master_picengineer

please don't be pessimistic
you'll get a job easily if you have a phd
if you're good then you'll be taken
you don't differ from someone that directly worked after graduation
you both just took different approaches :D
that's all
especially if you're doing your research in a point that's vital to a certain company
you don't have to end up teaching in the university
just do good work in one of the hot topics
make publications
get in touch with many different people
get contacts, make connections
and you'll be easily known and will surely get a great job after all that work :)

good luck everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back