Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS and windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

red-sun

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss vista

I have found that HFSS can not be installed in pc using windows vista, even the system was destroyed, do someone else has met such a problem?

hfss 11 vista

red-sun said:
I have found that HFSS can not be installed in pc using windows vista, even the system was destroyed, do someone else has met such a problem?

on official Ansoft site post the list of compatibility operation system. Vista is absent here.

System Requirements

Windows

Processor (32-bit): All fully compatible 686 (or later) instruction set processors, 500 MHz
Processor (64-bit): All fully compatible x86/64 instruction set processors
Hard Drive Space: 400 MB minimum, 5 GB recommended
RAM: 512 MB
Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows® XP Professional, Windows XP x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
Linux

Processor (32-bit): All fully compatible 686 (or later) instruction set processors, 500 MHz
Processor (64-bit): All fully compatible x86/64 instruction set processors
Hard Drive Space: 400 MB minimum, 5 GB recommended
Supported Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux® v3 and v4
Solaris

Processor: UltraSPARC-III (or later) processors, 450 MHz
Hard Drive Space: 800 MB minimum, 5 GB recommended
Supported Operating Systems: Solaris® 8, 9, 10

**broken link removed**

hfss for vista

I was curious about your question and asked one of the Ansoft AE's about it. His response was that they do not currently do not support Vista but that you could probably run Vista in XP computability mode anyway. He was not aware of anything that would cause damage to the Vista OS in HFSS.

Just a comment. I do not have any direct experience here and plan to continue with 64 bit XP Pro.

ansoft hfss vista

if i am not wrong, HFSS 11 does support Vista.

hfss windows 7

Hi !
Can u please tell me exactly, if HFSS 11 does support vista then how to install HFSS 11 on that?

vista hfss

1. right click setup.exe
2. select Properties
3. select Compatibility folder
4. check Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2
5. click OK
6. double click setup.exe

hfss 10 vista

Thanks for your reply...
I did the same but still it didn't work.. :(
Kindly tell me which version you are using?

hfss11 vista

I ever installed HFSS10 in my vista system (bussiness version) sucessfully.

hfss system requirement

I have installed the HFSS 11 in my laptop with Vista, with floating license in our sever. Everything goes well.

hfss 12

Hi all !
I just remembered that actually license file may also be a problem. but i think problem might b with setup of hfss 11... I have installed libraries well but the problem i m getting is with HFSS 11. Kindly tell me from where u got the HFSS 11?? or can anyone upload that....

Thanks

hfss windows vista

I also facing the same problem..i am using vista ( home premium).I had the solution before by changing the compatibilty but the problem stil there. any others solution for this?

hfss vista

For installing HFSS in Windows Vista open a command control, open the setup folder and type:

setup.exe /z ignore_os

Compatiblity is not officially assured by Ansoft, I had a small crash once but other than that never any real problem. Graphics are sometimes a bit weird, for me sometimes it didn't show the main part of the window with the geometry and so on, it turned a bit black or so, but when you like click or zoom or pan, it rebuilds.
I think that's better than not using it at all.

S.

hfss system requirements

Hi evreybody!

I've succesfully installed HFSS 11 on my pc with windows vista business edition. Just turn off the UAC - user account control and restart your pc before installing HFSS. Then turn it on when installation is complete and restart your pc again.
Anyway I've encountered several HFSS crashes during my work ad graphics are sometimes a bit weird.

hfss vista

Hi everyone

just wondering, did anyone successfully install HFSS 11 on system having windows vista home premium operating system ?

i have tried compatability mode but its not working
i will appreciate if anyone share the solution to this issue

thanks

ansoft vista

It worked! Actually you have to click the 'work as administrator' as well as XP compatibility.

hfss os compatibility

i am using HFSS 11 on my laptop having window vista basic operating system.........
i have no problem uptill now..................

install hfss vista

hello...u must have vista premium then only u can install hfss

hfss no vista

Ansoft HFSS 11 does not support Vista yet. Take a look at the link, and note, that for HFSS 11, vista is classified as limited. Meaning that it is not compatible with vista, yet. It may work, but with problems. My suggestion is to downgrade or dual-boot windows xp pro.

**broken link removed**
(it is a PDF file)

Cesar

hfss for windows 7

no i have windows vista home not premium or business ....and i use HFSS 11 on that....i hv no problem with that....................

ansoft for vista

HFSS v11 is easily installed in vista and works well with no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back