Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

whats the difference in Assura, Dracula, Calibre, Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.

surreyian

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura dracula

Hello,

I came across these names Assura, Dracula, Calibre, Hercules. what is the difference between them? it got me confuse. most of the time i use calibre for DRC and LVS verficication, but sometimes assura is also used.

difference between calibre and assura

surreyian said:
Hello,

I came across these names Assura, Dracula, Calibre, Hercules. what is the difference between them? it got me confuse. most of the time i use calibre for DRC and LVS verficication, but sometimes assura is also used.

they are also for DRC, LVS and parasitic extraction.... the difference is that, they are produced by different company....

assura calibre, her

Dracula and Diva were layout verification tools of cadence and now they have been
out of fashion.Assura is the new tool of cadence and is widely used.
Calibre is mentor's tools and its speed and gui is very good .
Hercule is synopsys tool ,its user is not as calibre and assura

assura 和 calibre

calibre is sign-off tool

dracula cdence tool

that is great

dracula + physical verification

All are singnoff tools it depends on which compan u work for & they are using which flow

hercules assura calibre

i agree with sharath79,

cadence calibre

Assura, calibre and dracula are verification tool suites from different vendors.

assura to calibre

The best and the last --- My calibre

dracula verification tool

All this are physical verification tools from different vendors ( Assura/Dracula -> Cadence ), Calibre from Mentor and Hercules from Synopsys.

Each of them have their own pros/cons, syntaxs, capabilities, functionalities and supported formats ( own formats).

This toolsets are not only used for verification purposes but improving simple DFM, Yield improvements, reliability, filling, densifications and many more.

Re: whats the difference in Assura, Dracula, Calibre, Hercul

Who has test bench for this tools for each operation :
- DRC ( for different process nodes)
- LVS
- EXTraction of parasitics

:D

Re: whats the difference in Assura, Dracula, Calibre, Hercul

It depends on the foundry, because they provide the rule deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back