Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDR SDRAM JEDEC standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sdram jedec

Hi,

I have a need to implement a FIFO in a Cyclone II using storage in external SDRAM and i'm interested in taking a look at the JEDEC SDRAM standard. I have searched the JEDED.org site but have only found the DDR, DDR2, DDR3 standards.

I guess i can always carefully read the datasheet for a Micron SDRAM but i would prefer to have the standard too...

Thanks,
/John.

sdr sdram standard

Thanks. I have found the information I need in a number of books i have. I also have the Micron datasheets for the SDRAMs i will use. I just wanted to take a look in the spec to do more "complete" research on the subject.

I believe the spec i'm looking for is JESD 21C.

Thanks,
/John.

jedec sdram standard

never had needs to hunt for JEDEC spec for SDRAM, I did similar stuff what you describe with Cyclone II, MIcron data sheet that's all I've been using .

You might want to check PCB layout guidance, from MIcron, if haven't got board yet, more questions fill free to ask

jedec sdr

Thanks Iouri. I believe i have figure this out now. Not particularly complex, especially when the SDR SDRAM Controller from Altera/NWLogic does all the hard work. I will check out the layout guidelines although i will not run the SDRAM at higher speeds than 133 MHz.

/John.

Status
Not open for further replies.