Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"cheap" place and route software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_D

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We might be doing a 180 nm start here, currently we've only done FPGA work. I think we're looking at somewhere between 500K and 1M gates for the design, digital only.

Any suggestions on a reasonably priced place and route tool? So far Magma's cost a lot, and the Synopsys sales droid gave a figure of "in the upper 6 digits and up" for the cost.

Thanks,
Mike

Go for PSPICE full version
ok that will be better
bye take care

You can try the Tanner Tools.. Though they are analog tools..there's a SPR module that does digital place and route! I heard tanner isn't that expensive too..

How much do you have? Why don't you deal with the design service to tap-out that chip for you.
I think that is cheap for temporate license (Magma or Synopsys). So if you want to buy the license, I suggess the Magma-da. They have also Magma-EA engineers to help you run the tool quickly.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back