Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Topor topological router

Status
Not open for further replies.

difflvl

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone ever seen or used this?

**broken link removed**

No and I can not imagine that I could deliver such a ... solution.

I haven't seen that particular router, but I'm writing one myself.

The secret is the use of Voronoi diagrams for path finding. It's naturally routes at any angle.

It has a scary worst case run time but a blindingly fast average case performance.

Those people are charging a fortune for it and break out the cost by layers, which is obcene. Why not just throttle it?

Hi, everyone

I am using Altium Designer as my primary software suit for PCB design. But its native autorouter (called Situs) is kind of "weak". I conducted a set of experiments Situs vs TopoR and it prove that TopoR's a better solution unless you have a special requirements on solely 45 degrees routing. A 5.0 version is to be released very soon (they promised, in mid-2010).

Ultimately, Altium is a little twisting the situation claiming Situs to be a topological router. Indeed, it is, but only to a certain degree! On the other hand, TopoR embodies a topological approach to the problem. Truly, if Situs is topological, why it's angle-limited?! (For those who is not familiar with a topological approach, I can recommend Roman Bazylevich's works. He's a founder of that technique).

P.S. No, I don't work for TopoR. Please, don't regard this as an advertisement of TopoR

BTW, kackermann, how's your router doing (the one exploiting Voronoi diagrams)? Did you finish it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back