Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Downlink Rates are higher than Uplink rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarakapraveen

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
satellite uplink rates

Hi Friends,

Please clarify this doubt.

Why Downlink Rates are higher than Uplink rates?

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,
Taraka Goud

why is uplink slower than downlink

no dude..... uplink rate is higher than downlink rate.... this is due to the power availability since satellite get power from sun and higher frequency needs more power....

why is downlink frequency higher

because of the power which the sattelite get from sun

uplink downlink rate

i think both rates are same

why are uplinks faster than downlinks

sameer u r not right this time. both rates r not te same. every guy has replied taking satellite into account.

for mobile communications uplink is lower and downlink is higher,just because of power problems. low freq use less powers n vice versa. cell phones send uplink freqs so for max battrey efficiency uplink freq r lower

hope that u r satisfied

why downlink data rates are faster than uplink

Hi...

I would to contribute that UPLINK rates are higher than DOWNLINK coz.... first due to the power problems.... secondly most of the member forgot to post about the environmental condition of Earth.... thirdly as transmitting station has to provide a signal to a particular satellite but as receving stations on earth are more so this also reduce downlink rates

regards

cellular phones uplink and downlink frequency

I didnt get the story of satellite ?
Satellite have only to reflect waves to up/down- load. I thinks that download is faster than upload because the first process is much more advanced and very well devolpped in servers (softs and hards) simply coz there is much more downloader than uploader.
Do you share my opinion ?

why downlink is faster than uplink?

konarkk said:
Hi...

I would to contribute that UPLINK rates are higher than DOWNLINK coz.... first due to the power problems.... secondly most of the member forgot to post about the environmental condition of Earth.... thirdly as transmitting station has to provide a signal to a particular satellite but as receving stations on earth are more so this also reduce downlink rates

regards

can you please explain the earth environmental point more????

also i'm confused about your third point... r u trying to say that downlink rate directly proportional to downlink rate or r u trying to tell that the earth stations share the whole thing while it is not so for satellite....

why downlink is always faster than uplink

I would not want to get involved in this discussion. But, I would like to give the following useful information.

The uplink and downlink radio bearers in 3GPP Release 99 implementation are the same 384 kbps. None of them(UL, DL) is higher than the other one or vice versa.

In Release 5, 6 : Downlink bite rate ( 7.2 Mbps for Category 8 HSDPA device) bit rate is higher than the uplink (up to 1.8 Mbps for Category 3 HSUPA device).

uplink downlink rate effect

"network.. So for uploading more bandwidth is allocated.. "
You mean

"So for downloading more bandwidth is allocated.."
If it is so I agree, but also data uses satelites to travel ?
Isn't it ?

download and upload and downlink and uplink

sorry guyz i misunderstood the question a little bit.... downlink rate would be higher because the satellite would have more info to be sent than the ground station(mostly :D) ,.....

have 10 % of uplink then downlink

I think these rates are depends on the type of applications and type of communications...

I find in WiMAX(broadband wireless) DL rates are higher than UL since in the UL we are getting only BW requsts and control messages...in DL only data flow..applications we are sending

In case of VoIP i think both UL and DL rates are same

In satellite UL is higher than DL rates...

If you people know any of the applications having the UL and DL comparision please share..

Bye,
Regards,
Taraka Goud

what is higher bandwidth uplink or downlink

That's rigth, it depends on the application.

what is uplink rate status

because mostly one download more than he upload (including requests for web pages etc), so many technologies are designed considering this fact.

Naveed

download data higher than upload

it is due to Quality of Service. As the service is for us. and usually we download things more than upload. this is why the downlink is keep more than uplink

how do you mean bts uplink and downlink frequency

HI AT HIGHER FREQUECY GENERATION WE NEED HIGHER POWER & HIGH PRECISION TO GENERATE IT ITS GENERALLY AVAILABLE AT GROUND BASE ONLY..

IN SATELLITE:

IN SATELLITE UPLINK IS GROUND TO SATELLITE AT GROUND WE CAN HANDLE HIGH FREQUENCY & HAVE HIGH POWER SO ITS HIGH IN THIS METHOD....

IN MOBILE:

IN MOBILE COMM. UPLINK IS FROM MOBILE TO BTS HOW EVER MOBILE USE 5 VOLT BATTERY SO ITS CAPACITY IS LESS SO IN MOBILE COMM. UPLINK IS LOW WHILE DOWN LINK FREQUENCY IS HIGH...

cell phone downlink higher frequency than uplink

JASMINE DOSHI said:
HI AT HIGHER FREQUECY GENERATION WE NEED HIGHER POWER & HIGH PRECISION TO GENERATE IT ITS GENERALLY AVAILABLE AT GROUND BASE ONLY..

IN SATELLITE:

IN SATELLITE UPLINK IS GROUND TO SATELLITE AT GROUND WE CAN HANDLE HIGH FREQUENCY & HAVE HIGH POWER SO ITS HIGH IN THIS METHOD....

IN MOBILE:

IN MOBILE COMM. UPLINK IS FROM MOBILE TO BTS HOW EVER MOBILE USE 5 VOLT BATTERY SO ITS CAPACITY IS LESS SO IN MOBILE COMM. UPLINK IS LOW WHILE DOWN LINK FREQUENCY IS HIGH...

i believe the post is regarding rate and there is a certain difference between frequency and rate...

uplink downlink upload download

The allowable pathloss for Downlink is more compared to that of the Uplink. (Because UE TX power is limited and NodeB power is much higher). Hence the data rate in the downlink is higher compared to that in the uplink.

satellite uplink stations india

According To Mr. A.Anand Srinivasan

uplink rate is higher than downlink rate.... this is due to the power availability since satellite get power from sun and higher frequency needs more power....

Just quote the expression which shows the relationship between the transmitted power and the frequency

Added after 8 minutes:

Ok I referred to the reference you gave earlier, I donot agree completely to it
Plz give some other reference

uplink + downlink) sustained data rate

1) please read the thread completely before you agree or disagree...
2) I didnt give any reference.
3) please create your own thread... replying on november to a thread that died in january is craziness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back