Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The cause of the sounds accompanying the polar aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakjoud

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

In fact I wonder something in the polar aurora. I know that it's caused by the electromagnetic field of the sun wich is somehow bloked by the electromagnetic field of the earth, but I heard that this phenomenon is accompagnied by some boomlike sounds. As a first idea I think that it's due to (someway) an electrical transfert between layers of ozone!!!! It's not very improved as interpretation but what do you think????

Polar aurora

The aurora polaris is accompanied by sound only when there is a large amount os electromagnetic activity in the Ozone creating atomic oxygen. If the frequency of the breaking of ozone is too low compared to the frequency of radiation causing it we can hear the sound. But I currently have no equations that I can use to support it. Anyway best of luck.

Polar aurora

ok but how can we explain uch a phenomenon? I mean how can a frequency change produce such a sound?

Re: Polar aurora

Hi again.
What I said was iff the frequency of conversion much lower than the frequency of the incident radiation.
ie If some energy can energise an electron to get out of its orbit, then the frequency of conversion will be equal to that of radiation.
But the bond of Ozone will be stronger and atleast a billion packets of the radiation energy are needed to break it. That means the frequency of the breaking will be of the order of 1000s per second. I tried to tell you that.
If any phenomenon occurs with a rate like that its possible to hear it happening.

Polar aurora

Ok! I think you mean somehow a shock wave. It's propably true but have you any text about this I find the subject very interesting and I like to learn more about it so can you suggest me some papers ebook or just websites?? I'm so greatful for your help.
Thank you very much!

jakjoud

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Polar aurora

Sure, I think any way if you have any problem just post it, if you need documents just ask for and I'll I find ok?
Thank you very much for the links

Hello jakjoud
I've a student who's interested in polar aurora as well.
He'd like to talk to you.
also if you have contacts with any research group working on it, Please send me the details with your id.
Thanks and regards
-Harsha S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back