Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is VLSI Jobs in US now

Status
Not open for further replies.
vlsi design + jobs

what about the FPGA jobs in USA?

1. In terms of salaries
2. In terms of kind of jobs available

vlsi job in usa after ms

Hi All,
I joined this site recently.
I will be graduating from India this year with a degree in ECE. I have appied for my masters in VLSI in USA and have got an admit from Carnegei Mellon University. I have read all of your comments and have really got discouraged a lot.
1) Anyways i still cannot stop my self from asking that am i taking a right decision to Go to USA for my Masters?
2) Also can i hope that the situation will improve in about 2 years(The time in which i will be completing my Masters) time form now?
3) Also if i do consider to take VLSI in what field of it must i specialize in University so that getting a job without any work experience is a bit easy then you all are mentioning?
Please help and guide me....
I will be highly thankful...

intel vlsi jobs for ms in vlsi

lostman said:
what about the FPGA jobs in USA?

1. In terms of salaries
2. In terms of kind of jobs available

Hi, I have the same questions like you. Also, I'm concerned about the future development of FPGA, is it really prospective?

Can anyone share a piece of mind with us? Thanks!!!!!!!

vlsi companies us

Can anyone give me some advice on the above questions?

vlsi university + us

Silicon valley marched into a cold winter since the mid 2008. Now many big companies laying off people, not only semiconductor business, but technology in general. Most consumer electronic ic companies are not doing well. But network/ethernet and rf chip companies seem to be ok these days.

Seriously considering moving my career from graphics into networking stuff. Since I am in ASIC/FPGA digital design. I figured it hard to move in RF...

job offers for vlsi

How is the situation right now in US for Analog and RF IC design related jobs for freshers?

companies for vlsi in usa

Hows the job scene now? and what are the prediction for coming quarters ...

jobs in fpga or vlsi

I'd say, marginally better. I have seen a couple hirings over last 2-3 months. There isn't any news of big layoffs as well.

If things go on this way, hirings may again start in 4th quarter or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.