Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is VLSI Jobs in US now

Status
Not open for further replies.
vlsi h1b jobs

I'm an experienced digital designer with 4 years of experience and a post graduate study in VLSI design .. and i guess US today is hiring for digital a bit more than for analog .. simply because analog doesn't require as much designers as digital .. at the same time the technology is getting wider in digital and consumer electronics become a daily need .. but anyhow .. i believe that overseas designers are having troubling getting jobs inside the US .. this is my impression ! .. regardless of digital ar analog thingy ..

jobs vlsi

thanks a lot for ur reply, omara007

could u plz give me ur email id

prospects of vlsi jobs

all my contact information is available in my profile ..

job offers in vlsi

Dear Roli:
Would you talk more about the salary or benefits the design house would like to offer, you must have seen the change . would you like to
say a bit more? 8)

salary of vlsi engineer in usa

could anyone tell me opportunities for fresh engg graduates in VLSI? I am in my B.E. 4th year (electrical). have done a 2 months VLSI design course(introductry level from Semiconductor Pvt ltd). which course should i go for after my B.E.? what is the pay scale for VLSI guys in the industry in INDIA?
could contact me personally at er_tarunbhatia@yahoo.com

career prospects in vlsi??

I'm an analog design engineer for 7 years in taiwan and had been work in US during 1999 to 2000. I guess more companies have the pressure of time-to-market, and time-to-success, so their best solution is hiring experinced engineers. Mysuggestion may not be a good idea, but I really think it's worth to find a chance in other countries, to get skilled and experience other cultures. Life is not short, but it's easier for a freshman to make change. As I know, it's not too hard to find a job in asia - Korean, Taiwan, India, mainland China. If want you want is get a job in US, takes more tries, if you really enjoy been an engineer in this field, WE ARE THE WORLD !

vlsi job salary

How about firmware or software engineer? Are these job better than ASIC designer?

how is vlsi

I did my MS in EE with VLSI major 1 year back. still looking for my first chance. I am not even getting a call being a fresher. Thats the situation in US
for VLSI as if now. I dont know about future. By the time I may shift to CS testing . Dont know how things change in US from day to day.

interns in vlsi in usa

Hi Sri,
seems like u r from India..can u please tell which university u did u r masters.. coz i was also planning for a masters after 1-2 years of work..

apply for internship in vlsi companies in usa

hey guys,
I am a fresh grad (MS) in Analog IC Design...stumbled onto this site while surfing....really interesting info over here.

From what i have experienced during my job search, there are not too many openings for fresh grads in the field of analog ic designs. The big guns although have innumerable postings on their site for fresh grads but am not sure as to how many are actually true. Coz I have apped to almost all of them and am yet to face an interview. I guess its generally difficult to break into the analog ic design field without any prior experience (as I was suggested by a head hunter).

I am looking around for opportunities and any suggestion in this regard would be really appreciated.

Cheers!!

AJ

best digital vlsi university of us

i have got selected for vlsi course from cdac ,
6 months, should i gofor it .
i am confused.
kindly help me with ur valuable suggestion.

usa vlsi verification jobs

Hello ppl..really good work by all of u..I got admitted to Texas A&M University College station. When I contacted seniors there they say the job market is good and almost all the major companies r comin here for recruitment. Some who graduated recently r working in Xilinx, TI, IBM etc.. they all say tht TAMU is reputed n u dont find it difficult to get a job in VLSI after M.S.

Is that true?? I already got placed here in India though not in VLSI..but am I making the right decision by goin to US now??

Does the reputation of college matter??

usa + vlsi jobs

xilinx is hiring in ireland, if the openings they say to offer in their website are not fake. Check out their site dudes, i'm still studying so i cannot apply but i would do so if i already had my MS.

graduate asic jobs in usa

so, how are we "freshers" gonna ever get a chance to have experience with all the companies hiring experienced people...there will be a big gap in the near future it seems....hope we get a chance sooner or later

vlsi internships in us

so, how are we "freshers" gonna ever get a chance to have experience with all the companies hiring experienced people...there will be a big gap in the near future it seems....hope we get a chance sooner or later

companies hiring in vlsi usa

I do have the same equestions...
I am trying to get an entry level position in analog design, but see no results yet. We know that what we did in the lab is totally different form industry, but how can we get ourselves started while all the companies only accept experienced? I don't know if I should transfer to testing. It is said that fresh are not so rejected there...

vlsi jobs in dubai

My best advise is switch to CS and write codes. It is the best that i had learned as an EE student.

companies hiring in vlsi usa

Does anyone know the current position in US?
All above was for year 2004-2005, but what is the situation now?

need vlsi jobs

Current position in US?

As of April 6, 2007, all (USA) H1B visas issued for this year have been allocated. Basically, after just 2 days, the entire 2007 allocation was completed filled by requests from companies.

US companies are getting better at outsourcing -- they are learning how to work with offshore companies more effectively (and what types of work are best suited to exporting.) Likewise, our friends in the offshore nations (India, China, Russia, etc.) are improving their work output quality and quantity. And one day our friends will rise up and refuse to be paid lowly wages for their craftsmanship -- and then they, too, will feel the need to begin outsourcing their outsourcing work (hopefully back to the US.)

On a more serious note, analog/RF design is simply one of those specialties that demands relevant work experience (which no one in the USA will give you the opportunity to learn), or demonstrated competence (by getting a PhD in a related topic area.) There will always be a demand for experienced VLSI persons, but sadly, the US industry seems very shortsighted in not hiring entry-level VLSI people. One day we'll have a shortage of experienced engineers, and partly due to bad staffing policies within high-tech companies. (Pretty much every hightech company, small or large, wants to run in "startup mode" -- i.e. hire only people who can already perform the job, use them for 60hrs/wk until project is done, then let them go.)

vlsi job situation in usa

yep.. exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.