Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is more sensitive to force: LVDT or Strain Gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaija

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all

I have a project about muscle wire charactarization... in this project i must select LVDT or Strain Gauge for their tolerance to Force which is more sensetive to force ?

May anybody share document about this subject ?

Re: LVDT or Strain Gauge

I think either can be made sensitive enough, however strain gauge is a passive DC device and should be cheaper and easier to implement.

Lefty

Reactions: wbf297

wbf297

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
LVDT or Strain Gauge

If you need docs, go to the books download page and search for instrument. Any instrumentation book discus lvdt and strain gauge.

My opinion is, If you are trying to monitor a wire strain or movement, use lvdt. But if you are trying to test a sample of wire in a lab, apply force to the wire, measure the force applied, and calculate all the derivatives you need.

Reactions: wbf297

wbf297

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks a lot i'ii listen your advise

Lvdt will give good accuracy and life compare to stain guage. But it cost more.
so choosing between LVDT and stain guage is upto your application, and cost. choose the best

Status
Not open for further replies.