Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design an IQ mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needbias

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a IQ mixer:1.5GHz at center frequency,10% bandwidth,the output requirement of two IF----I and Q must have the amp_error of less then 0.5 dB and have less then +/- 1.5degree phase error,is it possible?Anbody can give me some advice?

why no response,does there has any expert on
RF design?

Reactions: songs0

songs0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

Unfortunately I have not built IQ mixers for the GHz band so no experience.
But some info on the internet may be of some help to see how others do it:
maybe one of the Linear Technology IC product at h**p//www.linear.com/prod/datasheet.html?datasheet=826 (replace * with t)
or the Remec page at h**p://www.remecmagnum.com/Components/Mixers/IQMixers.html

Also if you search with google.com for words like IQ mixer, you will receive several hits of interest to this topic.

regards, unkarc

Unkarc,
Thanks for your help
I will go on to see it
thx so much

Hi Needbias
i have experienced to design CMOS GHz band I and Q mixer,its not bipolar so my experience can help you or not?
1 amplitude offset: this is caused from the etching process error,particle and others and as a circuit there is DC voltage offset, it will affect ac gain and of course layout design affects much to it so i use offset canceller. the amplitude offset is smaller than 0.5dB at bandwidth is 2MHz (i want to know why you have 10% bandwidth of 1.5GHz this is too wide and is it allowed to use such a wide bandwith?)
2 phase error: i forgot the measured value but aound +/-2deg? if you want to know more precise i can revew my notebook.
sorry not so helpfull
rgz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back