Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How current mirrors are used to maintain fixed current while temperature changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssayan79

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

i need a great help. I know that the current mirror is used to polarize amplifiers. I don't understand how current mirrors is used mantain fixed the current with the change of temperature. I need formulas.

Thenk you very much

Current Mirror

You can use Iptat plus Ictat, then you can get the constant current.

Current Mirror

No need to use Iptat or Ictat, in current mirrors we can maintain the same Vgs, Vds and hence the region for the both transistors. They can be kept same irrespective of power supply or temperature and hence can be kept constant. However the reference current itself will chnge with vpwr and temp.

Current Mirror

you must work on saturation region,or you won't get what you want!

Re: Current Mirror

Well, not all of them have temperature stability, unless designed for such a feature. One thing that can be done is to make sure the two bottom transistors are close to one another

Status
Not open for further replies.