Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use hall effect sensor to measure AC current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzypt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I use hall effect sensor to measure AC current. I think I need to connect sensor to a ferrite ring which will be connected on measured wire. What kind of electronics I need to design with sentor so that it will show like 1A (AC)=1V (DC). Op amps maybe? Any shematics?

ugn3503 hall effect sensor

Hall sensors, such as UGN3503, or similar, have analog output that is directly proportional to the strength of magnetic field ..
Take a look at the attached circuit .. it shows the UGN3503 hall sensor with an amplifier based on an opamp, in this case the µA741 ..
Also, have a look at the next picture that shows how this sensor is physically mounted inside the ferrite core's gap ..
More details at:
https://www.thebackshed.com/windmill/charger1.asp

Regards,
IanP

ac current measurement ugn3503 circuit

For conversion 1A(AC)=1V(DC) you can use True RMS-to-DC Converter (AD536 or similar) if high accuracy is needed. For low cost applicatins you can use diode plus RC circuit.

ugn3503 application cicuits

Great stuff. Exactily what I was looking for. Thanks, I appreciate

ugn3503

You can also look at Using Allegros

Code:
http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Categories/Sensors/currentsensor.asp

Re: ac current measurement ugn3503 circuit

For conversion 1A(AC)=1V(DC) you can use True RMS-to-DC Converter (AD536 or similar) if high accuracy is needed. For low cost applicatins you can use diode plus RC circuit.

Can you give any idea about Diode Pulse RC circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.