Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S-parameters measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexandr22061986

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I want to measure an s parameters of bipolar transistor. How I can do it? I need to connect a power supply and provide biasing of transistor at that time?

Thank you

hi
it is not easy to measure s parameters in lab bye regular instruments. you need spectrum analyser. it is a precise measurment. for some information please study following note.

MODERATOR ACTION: deleted. free at: **broken link removed**

This is not a problem, appropriate equipment that can measure S parameters is avialable in our university laboratory. I want to know a technic of measuring.

To bias the transistor use bias-tee. Are lab accessories (essentially is an LC network) that permit to add a DC to a signal.
Connect them to your network analizer and calibrate it.
I hope it can help.
Mazz

You might want to look at your network analyzer carefully. Some have provisions to bias the inputs or outputs and thus you may not need an external circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back