Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"IE.verimix" error when running mix-signal simulat

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxcpku

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ie.verimix

Hi,all :
i met an error below when i run mix-signal simulation and do not know how to solve it, anyone knows about that and gives me some advice ? thanks a lot

it looks like variable Namelength is too long to place in a line. however , the simulator could not recognize that

Error! syntax error [Verilog]
"IE.verimix", 34: pucore<-
1 error

"I0/u_asicbody/U12/99999"); // /I0/u_asicbody/U12/net11
$vmx_define_import(
test.top.I0.u_asicbody.u_sc100top.u_SC100.u_sc100_top.u_sc100_mpu.u_sc100_m
pucore.U676.mixedNet99999,
"I0/u_asicbody/u_sc100top/u_SC100/u_sc100_top/u_sc100_mpu/u_sc100_mpucore/U
676/99999"); //

Re: ie.verimix

Hi,

I have the same error. It's really strange and I don't know how to solve it..
Did you finally manage to find what's wrong? If yes, please post it..

thanks a lot

I'd guess it's a CR/LF separation error: The name mpucore has been separated into m and pucore by a CR/LF (carriage return/line feed), and the pucore (without the leading m) cannot be recognized.

Just care for correct reunion of the name and/or appropriate line feed separation.

BTW: CR/LF is equivalent to NL (new line).

Yes, a solution is to correct all the errors like this one, which are there if the name is too big to be placed in one line.
The problem is that this file is automatically generated by the netlister.

I believe that there should be a more general solution than manually correcting all the error lines...

At least I hope

The problem is that this file is automatically generated by the netlister.
I believe that there should be a more general solution than manually correcting all the error lines...
At least I hope

Some netlisters allow for setting a max. line length and insert an appropriate continuation sign - depending on your OS (e.g. "\" as last sign in a line for UNIX) or your netlist syntax (e.g. "+" sign at the beginning of a continuation line for SPICE-like netlists).

Check if your netlister allows for such a setting.

Some netlisters allow for setting a max. line length and insert an appropriate continuation sign - depending on your OS (e.g. "\" as last sign in a line for UNIX) or your netlist syntax (e.g. "+" sign at the beginning of a continuation line for SPICE-like netlists).

Check if your netlister allows for such a setting.

Actually I am using the ADE with Ultrasim simulator to generate the netlist and launch the simulation. I tried, but I cannot find any setting like this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back