Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How i can operate a relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altafhal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
i am new to electronics and i want to operate a relay for my home automation project. can someone help me how to operate a relay and for home automation which relay i can use?

Thanks.

relay consists of a switch which connectivity position can be controlled using current through a coil... this uses the principle of magnetic field when current passes through a coil and the attraction of metal towards magnet... relay contains a Normally Open(NO) position and Normally Closed(NC) position and switching between the two can be done using current through the coil...

You can refer to this simple guide for controlling gadgets.
Hopes it helps you in understanding how a relay works.

The article is also useful for your home automation project.

**broken link removed**

Have fun.

Hi,
There are so many solid state Relays that their input(controlling)voltage is 5,12,24,...DC depending on the device or micro controller that u use to control appliance,and their output(controlled) voltage is 220 or more (normally 380)is convenient to use for home appliance.if u want,I can give u more info and data sheet .
BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back