Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
hp dv schema

any idea on my desktop made by polar
as above ??

li1718 motherboard

Hi,

Could you please santapg tell me what to do for my laptop if such situations happen:

1/ I forgot my windows password .
2/ I forgot my bios password.

Thanks in advance.

laptop motherboard repair books

Hello,

We would like to access the PC motherboard.
We would like to exploit the mother board in controlling certain system, do you have any idea about that, or even how we can access the General purpose input output ports of the used processor.

Thanks

with regards

laptop motherboard repair manuals

Using of computer ports for controlling outer world is fully possible if you visit my web site i conduct a course on pc interfacing ...i can control upto 256 external devices....

Sandip Golani

hbl50 motherboard

FIXITNOW2003 said:
have desktop made by polar
when first boot get to the windows logo
and freezes if i press reset next boot from menu (windows failed to load)select normal boot
boots ok works all day
why not boot first time?
have tried new psu new memory new motherboard batery
was windows 98 have upgraded to me
still same
thans vince

you need to do a boot block bios flash from a boot disk floppy or cdrom

download the latest bios for your machine and the flash program
make a bootable cdrom from a windows boot cdrom site
example is here

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=bootable+cd&meta=

copy onto it your bios file
disconnect the hard disc & reset the bios
and allow the machine to boot to the bios screen {use del key as it boots}
change the first boot drive to be cdrom {usualy its floppy then cd then hdd anyway}

so the cdrom you made will boot the machine

now when at the cdroms prompt c: {becouse no hdd there it will use c:}

type dir /w/o/p to see the cdrom contence
and type the name of the flash program followed by /?
awdflsh /?

this shows the commands you can use
basicaly a bios comes in two halfs an upper program block and lower bootblock

most times a bios is flashed from windows the bootblock DOESNT get flashed
so you end up with the two halfs out of sync
ie older bootblock and newer program block
the bootblock is a lowlevel set of registers used to setup the bridges and devices and perform a post operative tests etc
and MUST also be updated or problems can occur like the one you have
its not always hardware or software and it is most often firmware causes this problem

so you can now enter the example awdflsh C:\bios\firmwarepart.rom /B
the /B is in awards case to enable the bootblock to update

once this is done
now you have the right foundation to find any remaining issues

now reconnect the hdd and adjust the bios again to allow it to boot
just from hdd first and not floppy or other device etc first

now boot the machine to windows and if it now stops try to press esc key
the windows logo will go away and youll maybe see some cause of the problems
these can be in autoexec.bat or config.sys files
remove anything in these files

i see your using windows 98 so you must use a memory manager as win98's own one has a problem with large rams and drive's

so add these lines to config.sys
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.exe
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DOS=UMB,HIGH

also try this if you still have no joy

start the computer and press F8 when the bios beeps youll get to a screen of choices
choose to start in dos

now your at the dos prompt type EXIT
and windows will restart
sometimes its the dosprompt .pif file to blame and this will fix it

i personaly would install windows Xp sp2 and be dome with win98
winxp is just as fast if you turn off some features of the o/s

Added after 1 minutes:

Old Nick said:
Hi Sandip,

I'm not sure if you can help or not, but my PC has been playing up for a while now. A few months ago it started overheating (and shutting down), for no discernable reason, the vents were clear the fans were all working, but the case was quite hot. This only lasted for a couple of days, and it seemed to be OK, however it is still running quite hot. And when I first boot my PC, the fan monitor (ASUS probe) tells me that my CPU fan is not spinning (which of course it is), for about a minute, then it seems to be able to sense it's speed and the warning goes away.

Apart from the fan warning and the heat, everything seems to be fine.

The MB is an ASUS a7n8x v2 delux with a Athlon xp2500.

Cheers,

Nick

again this is a known issue with asus bios and there probe software
download and install the lastest drivers and windows updates

how to fix a broken desktop motherboard

Hello!

I have an IBM R40 that I removed the LCD of and used as a kind of desktop system. I connect the display (VGA-OUT) to a monitor. Then out of the blue, the unit shut down. When I tried to reboot, no display came out. I tried replacing the mem. No success. There were times that the display would return, only for the computer to hang in windows with the slightest nudge of the unit.

Also, at times that no display came out, it would give off a beep. Beeeep, beep, beep, beep (translated: One medium beep, 3 short beeps). Can you tell me what the problem is and a possible remedy? Thanks!

hbl50 pinouts

I hv sony viao laptop. It works on mains but not working on battery. The battery is not detected & charged.
Battery is ok.
I tried with 2 people but they failed.

how to fix dead laptop motherboard

Hi Sandip, This is Prashant bhavsar,I have P III VIA mother board.I used to use 64MB X2=128 MB RAM in two banks.With this WIN98 was working OK.And with XP pro or win2000 it was working OK for some time(the time is not fixed) after that it was giving blue screen (BSOD?)and u have to reset the PC.Some times it gave problem of this blue screen at the time of booting also.
I bought a new RAM ( 128MB)and tried it in both slots,the problem is still there.I am forced to use win98.Where can the problem be?
Prash. prashsar@yahoo.co.in

la-2922p

Can't see Sandeep after 24th. Oct.
R U Ok?

how to repair desktop motherboard

It can be computer motherboard problem specially with the powersupply section that is a impure supply sourse.

Sandip Golani

Place your query at info@compudrivesystem.com and also aEDAboard because some time i am travelling to some remote place i cannot access sites.

repairing dead laptop motherboard

Hi Sandip, My Toshiba laptop mod no. Satellite P25-S5093 has developed a fault. On bootup i get a message on screen of "media test failure check cable" and "exiting PXE ROM" Any ideas as to what this may be. Thanking you PAFA

laptop mainboard fuse

pafa said:
Hi Sandip, My Toshiba laptop mod no. Satellite P25-S5093 has developed a fault. On bootup i get a message on screen of "media test failure check cable" and "exiting PXE ROM" Any ideas as to what this may be. Thanking you PAFA

you need to start windows using a boot cd or ntsc{winxp etc} boot cd
you can find on the net iso images for making one

then edit the config.sys and remove the driver for the network card something installs

or.... you can hold down shift as the machine boots and this will stop the driver trying to load

or press F8 and choose safe mode then edit the config.sys or remove the lan card driver when windows boots

problem solved

Added after 6 minutes:

jeycee00 said:
Hello!

I have an IBM R40 that I removed the LCD of and used as a kind of desktop system. I connect the display (VGA-OUT) to a monitor. Then out of the blue, the unit shut down. When I tried to reboot, no display came out. I tried replacing the mem. No success. There were times that the display would return, only for the computer to hang in windows with the slightest nudge of the unit.

Also, at times that no display came out, it would give off a beep. Beeeep, beep, beep, beep (translated: One medium beep, 3 short beeps). Can you tell me what the problem is and a possible remedy? Thanks!

i think you have a loose video socket or a componenet near it has a bad joint

you need to strip the motherboard out the machine and look around it for issues near to the video
beeeeep bep bep bep is the post test error code for video cards not there
you get the same one if you uplug the video card from any pc
most laptops use a vram socketed card as the memory for the video system
and this can also work loose {sometimes under a flap on the bottom}

some machines whole video section is on a riser card and again check this hasnt become unplugged from the main board

also i see you remove the lcd so check for a dropped screw etc
or a crack in the board from a drop or bump

Added after 3 minutes:

palesha said:
I hv sony viao laptop. It works on mains but not working on battery. The battery is not detected & charged.
Battery is ok.
I tried with 2 people but they failed.

an internal smd fuse has failed its on the board that connects to the battery pak inside

youll see its a 15mm square ceramic smd fuse i think 2.5amps

sometimes they get week if you use the machine for a long time at a time and when the cell is a little tired thats been used before and then replaced weekens it

Added after 8 minutes:

prashar said:
Hi Sandip, This is Prashant bhavsar,I have P III VIA mother board.I used to use 64MB X2=128 MB RAM in two banks.With this WIN98 was working OK.And with XP pro or win2000 it was working OK for some time(the time is not fixed) after that it was giving blue screen (BSOD?)and u have to reset the PC.Some times it gave problem of this blue screen at the time of booting also.
I bought a new RAM ( 128MB)and tried it in both slots,the problem is still there.I am forced to use win98.Where can the problem be?
Prash. prashsar(at)yahoo.co.in

maybe your cpu needs some new heatsink paste as it dries up with time and dosnt work so well
psu can be an issue as xp needs more current in most systems
or most often
you need to change the ide cable to a udma cable and make sure its plugged in properly blue to board black to the drive white in the middle to the slave

then you need to install the main board makers!!! version
of the via chipset drivers
early version of windows xp had issues with via support for large drives and partition over the network
and for this reason most p3 will crash intermitenlty
once this step is done
install windows xp sp2 service pak
and any hot fixes
new drivers for the video etc
if you use a soundblaster card / ati etc video
you can use driver cleaner pro to remove these and install the makers drivers

how to repair the audio port of motherboard

Hy there you Electronics Heavy weights, I am having this problem with Toshiba PSC-R10 which says"Protection System Failure" on boot up with Password on the next line, the customer said that he never setup a password .I did some digging and found out that password was contain on small 24C02, I removed an equivalent smd 2402 eeprom and dumped the contents but nothing found interesting in the dump. The laptop seemingly is using M306K9FCLRP advanced Microcontroller to prtotection system. Any help would be appreciated.

la-2922p service

Hi, I have a packard bell easynote R4345W, the mother board refuses to power on.Led is not lit on.
The on switch and fuses are ok,charger is ok,but a part "U13" , its number probably is AM 51137 or AM51117 heats up. Please help me to find the bad component.

short circuit motherboard laptop

kavi said:
Hi, I have a packard bell easynote R4345W, the mother board refuses to power on.Led is not lit on.
The on switch and fuses are ok,charger is ok,but a part "U13" , its number probably is AM 51137 or AM51117 heats up. Please help me to find the bad component.

i think you just did find the bad component try isolating its vdd supply pins and see if the board powers

Added after 3 minutes:

sibilious said:
Hy there you Electronics Heavy weights, I am having this problem with Toshiba PSC-R10 which says"Protection System Failure" on boot up with Password on the next line, the customer said that he never setup a password .I did some digging and found out that password was contain on small 24C02, I removed an equivalent smd 2402 eeprom and dumped the contents but nothing found interesting in the dump. The laptop seemingly is using M306K9FCLRP advanced Microcontroller to prtotection system. Any help would be appreciated.

did you try to just press enter at this point
once you restore the chip to its place

i think if there is no password set then this is null string and will still ask for the password till you indeed press enter then enter is used and the null ends on next boot??? just an idea but one to try
not sure what to add .. other than maybe return to toshiba or phone them

evo n600c when boots to windows fan stops

Media failure is generally due to hdd failure....pls use your windows recovery cd and try if the problem still remains you need to change the HDD.

Sandip Golani
[/img]

Added after 2 minutes:

This is due to password set in the laptop if you have ROM programmer use it to flush and refit the ROM chip to the board. thats all.

Sandip Golani

smd fuse sony vaio

prashar said:
Prash. prashsar(at)yahoo.co.in[/quo

some hardware drivers is uncorrect

hp dv1000 kondensator

Nice to have a telephinic Chat and also to recive your pc problem ...its RAM problem hope so....specially the speed of the RAM is not matching The RAM u r purchasing these days are all 133 Mhz, where as u r RAM which is installed is either 66 or 100 Mhz.... more over increase the RAM size also to 256 MB

Thanks

Sandip Golani

laptops motherboard repairing guide

I got Sony VAIO PCG-K86P laptop. I have to replace my DC harness as its broken(tripped off on the power cable), I am not able to reach the three screws under the Lid(LCD screen), Can you tell how to open the laptop to replace the DC harness.

Another thing is DVD ROM drive doesnt eject in both ways(pressing the eject button or right click-> eject on the drive in my computer). I hve to pull it out carefully after pressing the button(I have tried with pressing with pin in the small hole also)

Can you please tell me how to solve these probs, ThanQ

no backlight on aspire 5630

you need to use a magnetic screw driver
to get at the screws for the screen take the two screws from the side of the
panel where the power buttons are at the left hand side
now slide it to the left and take it off
rest is easy but dont forget to disconnect the lcd carefully
also i have a dvd drive and also a lcd sreen for this model if you need them or cant find parts
if you have this dvd problem its usualy a small spring come adrift that gently pushes out the drawer
you need to take it appart and give it a service see whats wrong

as for windows Xp etc this error is caused by the type of dma cable your using
at some time you replaced the drive

also you may need to update your bios to the latest one
any partitions on the drive can cause issues with this windows driver
as there were issues with sp1 winxp and win2000 with older large fat type partions.

ram of 128mb even is enough to run it stable
rame speed of 133mhz type wont bother a p3
again later bios cures this issues setting the latency to cas 2 rastocas2 and refresh 2 will cure the issue if needed becouse cas 3 133mhz ram run at 66mhz / 100mhz will be cas2
sometimes this needs set before using that ram to even boot once set its fine

Status
Not open for further replies.