Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrd31486 said:
Hello! I'm glad to see that there are people decent enough to help the public out there.

Maybe i'm not so decent but..

mrd31486 said:
I have had two repair technicians tell me that it is a common problem for these Dells and it requires SMT soldering on the motherboard. Neither of them would tell me what this "common problem" is or how to repair it.

I think he told about BGA resolder, so try to power up/plug ac while pressing one
BGA chip at a time and see if it goes well, bga are those chip without visible pins
on side, if you find the one with problems u need an hot air solder station to remelt bga solder balls, maybe needed a reballing. Bye .

Dear, I have a Acer Aspire One netbook, from last days it is not turned ON, but battery pack and AC adapter is good - 19 volt dc output is ok, also check the mother board where all diod/small fuse is ok,please help me which section i check & how repair the mother board

hi! maybe anyone can lend a hand..

Dell inspiron 8200, no display, no fan spinning, no harddrive spining, pressing cdrom eject no response.

power button responds with orange and green light sequence. 3orange 1green if i'm not mistaken. when powered on withOUT the battery, power indicator lights green but no orange.

power supply is pa-9

tried reseating memory simms, reseated display, keyboard, touch pad connectors, no good :(

where do i start guys? thanks a lot!!

Hi,

3 months back I burnt my laptop and today I found this post and thought of explaining what I did to my laptop in an expectation that someone might give me suggestion on if I could get the laptop back working.

It started with when I had problem with the power cable connecting the laptop adapter to the laptop. I had two adapters. One adapter was working, but its jack to the laptop was not working (it was disconnected internally i think). The other adapter was not working, but its jack to the laptop was fine.

So what I thought is I would cut wires of both of them and connect the working adapter to the working jack. I found that there were couple of wires that I had to solder and while doing so, I mistakenly interchanged the phase wires and connected it to the laptop. Then I suddenly saw smoke coming out of the laptop power area.

Now it wont boot at all with a new power adapter. I took it to a repair center and they said that chances are that the mother board is gone, but he was not sure what is wrong.

Is it possible to know whether power socket or the motherboard or the battery is gone so that I can replace just the part which which is burnt out?

Thanks for your help.

Arnab

arnabk said:
Hi,

3 months back I burnt my laptop and today I found this post and thought of explaining what I did to my laptop in an expectation that someone might give me suggestion on if I could get the laptop back working.

It started with when I had problem with the power cable connecting the laptop adapter to the laptop. I had two adapters. One adapter was working, but its jack to the laptop was not working (it was disconnected internally i think). The other adapter was not working, but its jack to the laptop was fine.

So what I thought is I would cut wires of both of them and connect the working adapter to the working jack. I found that there were couple of wires that I had to solder and while doing so, I mistakenly interchanged the phase wires and connected it to the laptop. Then I suddenly saw smoke coming out of the laptop power area.

Now it wont boot at all with a new power adapter. I took it to a repair center and they said that chances are that the mother board is gone, but he was not sure what is wrong.

Is it possible to know whether power socket or the motherboard or the battery is gone so that I can replace just the part which which is burnt out?

Thanks for your help.

Arnab

i'm pretty sure the jack is fine. but the semiconductors that are connected to it are toast. not sure about board level repair but the easiest way is to replace the mainboard, if its more money to shell out than a second hand unit-- don't bother.

my inspiron might have seen its last days. :( :( i have resoldered the power jack but now whenever i plug in the adapter the power LED just lights, no beeps, no fan, no display. :(

ı have hp nx6325 laptop pc press power button but no power on please ı need block diagram vs vs vs

The nc6000 and that range of laptops suffer from the maxim chip getting hr joints on them i suggest removing board turning upside down and by the heatsink of the cpu is the maxim chip. Reflow or resolder the pins very small soldering iron required as pins minute! 1mm iron required to resolder not for the faint hearted!
Good luck :)

regarding HARD DISK
I am using lenovo laptop.......but today morning i have tried to switch on the laptop unfortunately hard disk was not detected, in the BIOS settings hard disk is showing NONE. I have rechecked the hard disk connection in the laptop........again i am getting the same problem......plz anyone help for me............

Toshiba 6100 one capacitor and resistor blown away

dear , i have toshiba 6100 ,and its not powering on just giving yellow fault light when i press power button,somehow two smd components were blown i want to know how to get the right value smd comp. its near 8 leg smd ic.the one is black (i think resistor) and the second one is light brown (i think capacitor)

HELP NEEDED

Last edited:

Re: laptop motherboard repair guide

Hello,

My laptop is Dell Precision M60 (Motherboard DDQ12, same as in Latitude D800).

When I try to power it on unplugged, with only battery power, I get the following message:

"The computer is docked and only battery power is detected. This can happen if the power adapter is missing, the power cord is unplugged, or the computer is not properly connected to the docking station.
You should undock, redock, attach a power adapter, or plug in the power cord."

Checked dock connector - fine.

To get rid of this issue I have bought another DDQ12 motherboard on eBay, but with another problem: no charging, no COM1 and no CD working (docking functionality OK). I would like to repair the original MB (with "DOCKED" issue).
Could you advise me which component may be suspected? My intention is to replace faulty component by working one taken from eBay motherboard.

Schematic diagram for DDQ12 motherboard can be found on this forum (search for DDQ12 in this website ).
"DOCKED" signal you can find on pages 27,28, 33,35. Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Krzysztof

I have a Zeninth z259e12 One laptop, from last days it is automatic turned off , but battery pack and AC adapter is good 20.7 volt dc output is ok, also check the mother board where all diod,small fuse is ok, but near cpu socket one capacitor and some dieds`s postive and negative are shorted i check & but i could not find the faulted components. Pl help if anbybody know that which components may be shorted.

This thread is closed as the OP is not responding for any querries and just logging in to advertise his courses and other bussiness matters. In case anyone needs to post a querry about laptops, mother boards etc a new thread may be started for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.