Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help regarding sdf back annotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasvij1982

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I am stuck in a very odd spot in my tool flow. I am working on some asynchronous modules which is working with synthesized synchronous module. i am able to generate the sdf file using Design Compiler, but i am not able to back annotate this sdf for testing in Modelsim. I have tried it with NC-Verilog, but its also not using the sdf file, instead for both i am getting the unit delay model based simulation results.

I wanted to ask you whether the version of sdf file and the support for that sdf file version in the tools can be an issue as i am using Design compiler version 2006.12 and my Modelsim version is 5.7c.

If anybody wants to share the steps which he/she follows for backannotation with some commands then that will also be a great help.

Regards

Vikas

nc-sim should be simple or i may be accustomed to it.
use the auto_sdf switch in ncelab command and that will take care of everything.
u need not compile it in ncvlog command

Thanks for you reply. I was able to solve the problem in NC Verilog as i didnt know that i had to use ncsdfc command to convert the sdf file and then make a command file to import the new sdf file into the design.

Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back