Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mtlab code for finding number of pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarkadir

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
thinning algorithm

Hi,
I am working on the thinning algorithm in matlab. I have written a code but unfortunately my output image is not giving me the desired results. If anyone of you have the code, I'll appreciate if you can share it with me or alternatively, if anyone of you is willing, I can send my matlab code for you to identify any errors in it.

Thanks,
Ammar

thinning algorithm matlab

What is thinning algorithm ? I am new to dsp .. n i am interested to learn algorithms... plz help me to get started :)

thinning matlab code

Hi,
Thinning algorithm is an image processing technique that is quite useful in character recognation. The algorithm transforms the given character or picture into its skeleton. The condition for it is that the image should be in binary level rather than grey level. You can find quite a bit of material for it on google.

thinning matlab

i hav to code algorithms in c lang.. what is best way to start ?

thinning algorithm code

Which algorithms do you precisely want to code in C? Whatever algorithm you want to implement, you just have to follow the steps of the algorithm and write a code for those steps. In order words, you need to understand the theory before writing the code.

thinning algorithm in matlab

can any body send me the thinning algorithm MATLAB code.

My email id is naresh850 at gmail.com

thinning image matlab code

Hi ammarkadir,
If you want to get the skeleton of a shape, the i could suggest a simple way.
You can find the distance transform, the apply a laplacian of gaussian filter to it.

Its simple in matlab.
It would be like this

D = bwdist(BW);
h = fspecial('log', hsize, sigma);
B = imfilter(D, h);

You must find a suitable 'hsize' and 'sigma' to get a good skeleton. I guess this will depend on the size of the image and size of the characters.

Thanks

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thining algorithm

hi.
thinning is easy in matlab and pre defined functions are available for it,,
but first u must turn the image into binary..
a model code..
i=imread(image);
u=graythresh(i);
p=im2bw(i,u);

now p is the binary image of your file..
to thin it..
p1=imcomplement(p);
new=bwmorph(p1,'thin',number);
g=imcomplement(new);

where number is an integer saying how many times u want to thin..
g is the thinned image

Added after 2 minutes:

i m doing a project on character recognition in matlab..
it works well for few fonts...
i m working on it..
but italics seems to be a big problem..
can anyone give some idea...

i m using spaces between characters to recognize them..

matlab thinning algorithms

Hi,
The italics problem is something which most people are facing. Though not very sure, is it possible to normalize the alignment of the letters/numbers? I guess radon transforms and the like can help u do that...never tried it out, but just suggesting..

Status
Not open for further replies.