Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDL Designer License Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlxsae

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear,

I'm experiencing some problems with the licenses of HDL Designer. Last week we were hit by a virus and needed to set our system date to 2004 and back to 2003 (bug of windows XP). When we tried to start HDL designer, he complains that the system date has been set back in time! 8O I can understand this feature is implemented to prevent any abuse however now we are stuck and don't want to re-install the complete package. Anyone any idea how to solve this issue?

Thnx!! 8)

OK! change your system date to 2004, when ever you want to run hds. Personally, I could not find any other solution.

the soln is very simple.
look for the file in you hard disk particularly in windows and system32 folders which have dates as 2004. copy them in some temp folder rename them in temp folder and them rename back to the original name and move them back in the original folder. you may need to do this in safe mode.....
i hope this helps you.
Hock

thnx for the feedback

Guru's,

Thanks for the feedback. However changing the system date to 2004 every time we want to use HDL Designer is not a good solution because we are using other [period based] licensed software which will complain when we set the system date to 2004 :puppydogeyes:

I have read that indeed system core files change from date whenever you reboot with a changed system date, however messing with XP system files is a kind of tricky.

What I have experienced is when you change the date in the BIOS to 2004; reboot the system, change the date back to 2003 ; reboot the system and reboot again the system, it works. Why? :shocked!: don't ask me.

Best regards,
S. 8)

Your saviour is AttributeMagicProv 2.1

I think this is all you need.

AttributeMagicPro version 2.1

How to use? Look at AttributeMagicPro version 2.1 help.

The basic idea is to change those files with future date to current date.

Use Windows Search and then apply changes using AttributeMagicPro version 2.1.

There may be some files that AttributeMagicPro version 2.1 could not change for you because the current OS is using them. I booted to other OS (I have triple boot OS) and applied those changes.

**************** N E W ***************************

Ensure you enable hidden files, so that you can see these system files

**************** N E W ***************************

It is so easy. No more headache

SAHO

Thanks... I'll give it a try ... let's hope it works (my headache is getting worse :) )

Greetzzzzz,
S. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back