Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software for mechanical drawings (2D and 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filtronetics

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any one knows good softwares for mechanical drawings? 3D and 2D.

Thanks!

Re: Mechanical drawings

ZWcad-about 300-500$
**broken link removed**

SolidWorks is good

i like rhino3d, www.rhino3d.com

But also don't mind pro/e and solid edge. The difference between rhino3d and the others listed is the others are parametric, basically a history based part creation. Parametric is good for real product manufacturing as it allows for easy changes to one part that effects everything that part is constrained to. But the reason i like rhino3d as it is easy to use, fun, and very fast to create a part. I called this type of software free-form modeling as you are free to do what you want when you want it, i would group programs like maya and 3dsmax into this also in terms of how they modeling objects.

Thank you all for the help. I have downloaded Alibre (freeware as I don't have dollars to spend right now) and am trying to learn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back