Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed amplifier with 50ns settling time

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrvip

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high speed amp settling time

can somoene suggest a suitable architecture and techniques i should follow in designing a high speed amplifier with 50ns settling time????

if u have some relevant study material regarding my querry plz give info. regarding it??

thanks

“indirect feedback compensation of cmos op-amps

Hi
it depends your gain too.
maybe simple telescopic cascode
or gain boosted telescopic cascode

regards

It depends on what is you specific for example slew rate, step voltage.... Hard to said possible or not.

It depends on your cuicuit dc gain, gain bandwith. It should can be achieved.

You cant go for telescopic if your voltage is low...

supply voltage is 3.3v

0.35 u technology

have to use it as buffer to drive heavy load.

High i/p and o/p swings needed.

now plz suggest me what architecture should i use......intitially i thought of using class AB ip stage opamp....but then decided to go ahead with Folded cacode architecture.....is it OK to go ahead with FC....as high swings will be a problem in telescopic structure.

i suggest u use folded cascode with CS out put stage it has high swing output, high settling time, use Nmos transistors as differential input

This paper may help you: Indirect Feedback Compensation of CMOS Op-Amps, R. Jacob Baker

Best regards!

I want to add one reminder.

For folded cascode, nmos input pair has a better input gm but poor PM due to the 2nd pole caused by pmos load.

thats right, usualy nmos have higher PM, gain. if ur first stage with nmos, so the second stage is PMOS
best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.