Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the systematic offset of the opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaq

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have a fully-differential opamp as shown below.

I want to calculate the systematic offset of this opamp by hand, but I don't know how to do.

Please help me if you know. Thanks.

To have zero offset, the output PMOS current must be exactly equal to the NMOS current

Any ΔI would result in a systematic offset. Simply find the differential input voltage Vin that when applied would cause ΔI to be zero

you can calculate the input mosfet size ,and calculate the offset by it , for the .35um process , the vth will induce the offset of 10mv/sqrt(area of input device)

songjunjian said:
you can calculate the input mosfet size ,and calculate the offset by it , for the .35um process , the vth will induce the offset of 10mv/sqrt(area of input device)

Hi, songjunjian

I know what you say is pelgrom's model

σ(ΔVth)=Avt/√(WL)

But, I think this may cause random offset, not systematic.

Dear all,
I have a fully-differential opamp as shown below.
I want to calculate the systematic offset of this opamp by hand, but I don't know how to do.
Please help me if you know. Thanks.

Please, be specific and tell us your DEFINITION of SYSTEMATIC offset.
I remember several book authors who are using the term "systematic offset" even for the BJT voltage Vbe≈0.7 volts (in contrast to other amplifying devices with no or only negligible input differential voltage).

Status
Not open for further replies.