Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to stabilize the bias corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iexplorer

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use high swing constant gm bias structure, in every corner,there are 300mV offset, anyway to cancel it ?

Could you kindly elaborate.
Are you trying to generate a voltage to bias from this andd you observe a 300mv offset.

no , in different technical cornor like TT,FF,SS, there is alway a offset ,maybe 300mV,maybe minus 300mV ,I want to know how to minimize it

Can you tell me offset in what voltage.

in typical tech 1.8 v, 1.17V for pmos bias , when FF and 1.62, it shrinks to 888mv

Thanks now I understand clearly what you mean.
The answer is donot look for that, as you cannot get it.

Other thing the constant-gm bias is to generate a biasing current. And this biasing current would vary by 100% (+ and -). Rest assured across PVT.

We take the current generated by this to all the other corners of the chip where we need the current and generate a local biasing there.
And your aim is to get the current mirrored.

iexplorer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.