Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

physical verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilindia85

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guyz.i have a question in backend.i have physical implementation in cadence encounter for a simple alu.now i want to verify my design in cadence virtuso.i want to do DRC,LVS.so i dont know how to export my design into virtuso.can any one help me out?

hello Nikhil

U want to do the physical verification but I dont understand why u want to import it to Virtuoso . Can u tell us which tools ur using for checks .. if it is Diva or dracula rules set .. u can just add the gds file in cds.lib file and open the icfb or may be in the icfb there are few options to import the design. both the gds and the netlist.
or if ur using mentor calibre .. u can just opne the calibre gui and prform the LvS and DRC.
so if u can tell which rules file u using .. there could be more inputs form our side ..

Suresh

i have a dbt can we do physical verification in encounter.i am not aware of it

Added after 3 minutes:

i dont know abt the rules set.why we need these exactly.r they like DRC rules.wat is the diff betn diva and dracula

hello nikhil ..

U need atleast one set of rules from diva r dracula or calibre // the rules file has all the design rules. we can not do DRC from encounter as far as I know .. ..
check for any slides which tells u how u can make a layout and checj for DRC nd LVS using differet tools

suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back