Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to find the EM parameter??(permitivity,permeability...

Status
Not open for further replies.

decblue

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ! Could you tell me where to find the EM parameter ??(permitivity,permeability,conductivity,delectric constant...,etc)
In fact , I wanna use HFSS to simulate SRRs in high freq , but I don't know how to set freq dependency with "Loss Model Input" . It needs material's conductivity and relative permitivity at two differnet freq.
So , what's your suggestion ???

or you could get me a example

======================
HFSS have the default parameter of many materials , but it's only accepted in low freq (f<10GHZ) . I need the parameters varied depending on freq . HFSS use the debye's model to fit them .
ε r = ε r1 + (ε r2 - ε r1)/(1+(ωτ)²)

where I need to enter the parameters below into HFSS's "Loss Model Input" model .
ε r1 : relative permetivity at high freq
ε r2 : relative permetivity at low freq
σ1 : conductivity at high freq
σ2 : conductivity at low freq

So I really need the data .
Could you tell me where to find them ?????
ex: book?? database??

Re: Where to find the EM parameter??(permitivity,permeabilit

I assume you are trying to model metals; is this correct? I am surprised HFSS does not have a materials database.

Here is an internet link to a great resource that gives n & k for many different materials. I really wish they would provide the raw data:

http://www.ioffe.rssi.ru/SVA/NSM/nk/

There is also a paper that I make good use of that lists Lorentz-Drude parameters for many different types of metals. This is:

A. D. Rakic, A. B. Djurisic, J. M. Elazar, M. L. Majewski, "Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity optoelectronic devices," Applied Optics, Vol. 37, No. 22, p5271-5283, 1998.

Sorry if these references are too optics related. You may be working at microwave frequencies. Let me know if this helps.

-Tip

decblue

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back