Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic (microchip) C++ compiler needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

see2angels

microchip c++

i need a c++ compiler for pic (microchip)
if anyone has one please nothify me and give me a link

c++ compiler for pic24

Surly C is a powerful enough language for any Pic micro?
What Pic program needs C++ which is pretty memory intensive?

microchip c++

reinstall the mplab, and it will work the c compiler for 1 month.
After 1 month reinstall again and so on.

microchip compiler c++

Hi, does the C++ compiler convert the codes into hex codes?

Thanks!

Many many code composer can convert code to hex, (ex: keil or provier 32). But defaul optional not active ready so u must choose it in option to active it. Keil u can download in edaboard.

i really doubt that programming microcontrollers in C++ would be a good idea. if u read the C Vs ASM debates on this forum and all around the internet you will see that the biggest problem with programming microcontrollers in C is that the code produced is not memory efficient and its not close to the architechture of the microcontroller. the situation with C++ might be worse. its good to use C++ instead of C when you are programming on a PC but there you have alot of memory space which is not the case with microcontrollers

hi Friends

I accept C++ will worsen the memory consumption in MCUs.
Ok but can you think about Complex programs. U can make the entire project in to modules . Now we have PIC MCUs having more than 64kbytes of memory if the complexity and efficiency is concerned C++ will be the best. C++ is really a powerful language if understood properly.
So its not a bad Idea , Programming in C++. unfortunately we dont have more C++ cross compilers.
We hope it will be alright in near future

Regards
Gopi

C has powerfull scoping rules and a program can be broken down into seperate files using a linker. A complex program is when the source code exceeds about 25000 lines.
C++ was really designed for very large distributed programs. C is a very powerfull and elegant programming language, C++ is a convoluted mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back