Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A door bell like design problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollingEEE

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Consider a calling bell (or door bell) in which a button is pushed to ring a buzzer. Now I want a design of a buzzer, that would only sound, if the switch is pressed for five seconds. If the switch is not pressed no bell will ring. Also, if the switch is continously pressed for less than 5 second interval, no buzzer will ring.

I actually want a digital circuit like this, that will give a high output for 1 seconds, if the input is high for 5 seconds. Can any one please help me?

Take a look at the attached circuit ..
The "miniature" microcontroller is the PICAXE-08 ..
Hardware, as you can see, consists of this microcontroller, a button, a buzzer and a couple of resistors ..
Program can be written in extremely easy dialect of BASIC ..
And that's basically it ..
More details at: https://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/axe101.pdf

Code example:
Code:
Start:
  b1=0
Loop:
  if pin3 = 1 then Cnt
  goto Start
Cnt:
  pause 100  ' wait 0.1s
  b1=b1+1
  if b1=50 then Buzzer
  goto Loop
Buzzer:
  high 2
  wait 1  ' Buzzer ON for 1s
  low 2
  goto Start

Regards,
IanP

Thank you so much. I know it will sound funny, but I am not allowed to use microcontroller. Any alternate suggestions (like using a 555 timer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back