Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with running Calibre on ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandenm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI

I have ubuntu already installed on my laptop. Has anyone had any issues running calibre, say with missing library files or kernel?

Cheers

ubuntu + calibre

I've seen Calibre run on Ubuntu 7. I don't think there is an issue.

Re: calibre on ubuntu

Hi,

I have calibre (2008) installed in my ubuntu 9.10, but have not got it work yet.
I got error: A FATAL CS ERROR for caldrclvseve feature detected.

But I am able to see the calibre GUI pop up, and after a while, it says it encounters license problem, and shut off GUI right after.

Anyone could share if you ever had similar problem?

Alan

ams123 said:
Hi,

I have calibre (2008) installed in my ubuntu 9.10, but have not got it work yet.
I got error: A FATAL CS ERROR for caldrclvseve feature detected.

But I am able to see the calibre GUI pop up, and after a while, it says it encounters license problem, and shut off GUI right after.

Anyone could share if you ever had similar problem?

Alan

It is license error.

but when I enter command "lmstat -a", it shows me all licenses are up.
so I think my license seems working fine.

calibre on ubuntu

My best guess is that you have tampered with the license file or you are using an invalid one.

Check the server log for errors.
Also lmdiag may be better suited to check if there is any problem.

Calibre is a free ebook management that works on Linux, OS X and Windows.It is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
It’s very easy to install calibre on both 32-bit and 64-bit x86 machines.Just make sure you have xdg-utils installed on your system(search “xdg-utils” in System/Administration/Synaptic Package Manager),then run this command in terminal(Applications->Accessories->Terminal):
sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read(); main()"

calibre on ubuntu

Works fine (2008) on ubuntu 9.04.

Hi;
I tested Calibre on Windows and I liked it so much I upgraded my Ubuntu PCs to Jaunty to install the version from the 'Official' repository.

Installation went fine and I copied over my library from the Windows installation. Everything seemed fine until I clicked on the View button. Nothing happens - just a couple of seconds of wait then nothing. Reader does not open. I unchecked all of the viewer options and can get PDF format open with an external reader but nothing for the FB2 or EPUB formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back