Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me switch to AVR32 from AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MohammadElwakeel

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I have been using AVR for about 3 years know. I was thinking about switching to AVR32 . anybody knows how to start in AVR32. what kit to buy, is it the EVK1100 or the EVK1101 or the NGW . any one please tell me is it really worthy time to spend in this controller and how to stat. please tell me how to start fast and stright forward.

thanks

avr32 parallel port

Hi

First start by going to the Atmel web site and have a look at the documents.

Depending on what you need you can look at the AP7000 devices.
full blown with MMU and support for linux image etc. but no on board flash
on board graphic controller etc . Good for doing PDA like apps.

The new UC3 devices is better suited for native programming
the devices have 128 to 512k of on board flash and n nice spread of interfaces.

The Avr32 studio tools can be downloads from the Atmel web site ( Around 200Mbt)
if you need the linux BSP you need to download the BSP as well ( around 500Mbt)

Alltogether very nice devices.

You dont need to buy the STK1000 to get going the smaller dev kits have enough to get going

Regards
WB

Switching to AVR32

hi

i have a question. can the EVK1100 be programmed via usb with no external component or i need JTAG mkII to program it.

Re: Switching to AVR32

avery AVR micros are very sililar u can make your programmer yourself with using parallel port.download stk200/300 cable connection and program your micro serially.

Switching to AVR32

hi

another question concerning STK1000. when I buy the 534$ kit. does the price include the two boards (the mother board and the daughter board) or it is just for the mother board.

Re: Switching to AVR32

Hi

Inclues the lot :

STK1000 provides a complete AT32AP7000 development environment. The kit has two ethernet ports, a high quality QVGA LCD, a loudspeaker, and connectors for USART, PS/2, VGA, and USB. A expansion header can be used for prototyping.

A pre-installed Linux image on the enclosed 256 MB SD card ensures that the user can boot Linux and start program development directly after power up.

STK1000 is also supported by AVR JTAGICE mkII. With either GNU GCC or the IAR compiler, the JTAGICE mkII supports basic runtime control and a limited trace.

The Vitra and the Opella products from Ashling supports provide high-end debugging capabilities as e.g. sustained trace and SQA (software quality assurance). An extensive white paper is available at www.ashling.com (PDF).
Ordering Code: ATSTK1000

wb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back