Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help... I'ts about microstrip patch bowtie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamonz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there... I have a problem in simulating antenna microstrip patch bowtie using HFSS... I try to put the antenna step by step based on it's layer in order to understand the effect of each layer. First I simulated the antenna bowtie using PEC. Second I put substrate (using FR4) under the bowtie.. Then I put groundplane (using PEC) under the substrate. The significant changes are the different gain pattern and the impedance. The impedance is in problem. The imaginer part is a lot bigger than the real part... Any suggestion about my antenna???

My antenna is designed for ISM purpose, working at 2400-2484MHz. I use this antenna coz I've read that patch bowtie have narrow bandwidth and good for ISM purpose.

I have another question. Why if we work in high frequency, the imaginer part of impedance is no longer affect the performance of the antenna???

Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.