Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for Charging normaly Alkaline Batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardwarekiller

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I search a circuit for chargig/refresching normaly Alkaline cells.
Cant me help ?

Michael

not to be done

The manufacturers of alkaline batteries say to not charge them because of safety issues. Only the ones intended for charging should be charged.

I would suggest charging at a 10% or less rate of their capacity for 1.5x the capacity (15 hours) as a first guess.

**broken link removed** suggests that a constant voltage method be used (with current limiting)

Battery charging

To charge alkaine batteries the pulse methods can be used, but charging rate should be low, near 0.05-0.15C.

Hi Hardwarekiller

As written above, methods for charging NiCd accumulators can also be used for charging alkali-batteries, as long as they use "normal" charging and not fast charging method. The simplest charger is a diode in series with a resistor that gives a current of about 0.1 * capacity.

Bye

make a search on google

Status
Not open for further replies.