Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does Synopsys Design-Compiler still support non-XG mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardlanguage

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dcsh xg

Back in 2005.09 release, Synopsys made XG-mode the default-mode. But user could still use the old legacy (non-XG) mode by launching dc_shell-t with command-line options.

Now, I heard DC 2007 no longer supports legacy-mode at all. (No dcsh mode, no dctcl mode -- only XG-mode from today forward!) Is that true?

Don't laugh at me, we only afford 'classic' design-compiler -- it might belong in a museum. :|

synopsys xg mode

I believe not, but don't fret XG. It has a LOT of advantages, especially in DFT, which you'll learn to love and DB will be a thing of the past.

dcsh_mode supported

RBB said:
I believe not, but don't fret XG. It has a LOT of advantages, especially in DFT, which you'll learn to love and DB will be a thing of the past.

So I take it XG-mode is the preferred method nowadays?

dctcl xg collection

It is definately MY preferred method.

dcsh_mode

From DC 2007.03 version onwards, DCSH mode is no longer supported. If you try to invoke , you will get below error message.

Error: DCSH mode is no longer supported, please use XG mode and prompt will be in unix...

In 2006.XX version or below version, we can bring DCSH mode using , dc_shell -db_mode -dcsh_mode..

Regards,
Sam

dcsh mode is no longer supported use xg mode

sam536 said:
From DC 2007.03 version onwards, DCSH mode is no longer supported. If you try to invoke , you will get below error message.

Error: DCSH mode is no longer supported, please use XG mode and prompt will be in unix...

In 2006.XX version or below version, we can bring DCSH mode using , dc_shell -db_mode -dcsh_mode..

Regards,
Sam

Thanks. So 2007.3 does not support DB-mode at all? What about Non-XG mode in TCL?

For example, to start DC 2003.12 (in TCL-mode), I type dc_shell -tcl_mode
In 2003.12, both TCL and DCSH use the legacy DB-mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back