Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can we check cells and working of ram memory chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

milindmiet

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want t develop a software to test the memory chips in RAM memory module can any body told me what are the tests that we can perform. please guide me .

Generally this involves writing the data to the memory cell, reading it back and comparing the two values. If they match the cell is OK, else it is defective.
You can select various patterns for testing: the 55H, AAH pair tests each bit and then its complement.
You can also do what is called 'walking bit', that is set a bit to 1 and the rest zero and test the cell by writing/ reading back. Then shift the bit byone position and repeat the test. continue for the remaining bits in the cell.
Other possibilities... use your imagination.

milindmiet

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can check by addressing different locations of ram and saving data of different pattern and reading back the data if the data is same as send befre then it is ok do it many times

Added after 33 minutes:

ucan find some material at usbest.com

Added after 1 minutes:

some tests name are snake up, stuck test etc u can find this and got some knowledge

milindmiet

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back