Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Set won't test Rx or Tx power of Marconi 2955B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim GJ

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Marconi 2955B

On the display:

Rx Test - Level
Tx Test - Power

Both have a highlighted A beside them.

Set won't test Rx's or Tx power, but all self tests pass ok and other functions set up ok. Nothing in user guide to explain this.

Any bright ideas??...please

Re: Marconi 2955B

This may help you.

The unit is set with an output level offset

Go to Change Parameters
2nd page and you will see Level Offset.

Thanks - that was the problem

Re read the manual, armed with fresh knowledge, and still found no reference to it.

Hi I am having the same drama here, doing strange things on the 2955A reads RF power of 5 watts on the 2955B its reading 30 watts
Any suggestions

Have you verified which one is correct by using an external watt meter?

Hi, E-Design, yes the radio in question is only a UHF CB radio max power is approx 7watts reads 5 watts into external power meter. I have 2 of the 2955B's both reading approx 30 watts on test. the 2955 reads 5 watts or up to 7 watts when adjust power level on radio. I have downloaded the manuals available off here and other sites.But so far I have been unable to find any problems.I purchased the 2955B's both units appear to perform ok 1 passes alls elf test functions the second unit fails 3 of the self tests but still functions ok
Thanks for your reply
Marty

Measure the RF load's 50Ω impedance. These loads do go faulty (high in resistance or even open circuit) due to excessive power. As the RF voltage level across the load is converted into wattage reading, the reading will be much higher.

hi E-design, worked it out the atten level was set on one at 8.3 db and the other set as 6.0, after working out how to reset to zero db all working great both test sets within 1/2 watt of each other. Very hard trying to drive these untis without a manual to refer back to.
Thanks for your replies
Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back