Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 NIOS processors instead of RTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbike2000ru

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

My project consists of 2 parallel tasks and I am thinking of using 2 NIOS processors instead of a RTOS (real-Time OS) because I think it will be less expensive.

Has anybody used such method ?

mbike2000ru said:
Hello

My project consists of 2 parallel tasks and I am thinking of using 2 NIOS processors instead of a RTOS (real-Time OS) because I think it will be less expensive.

Has anybody used such method ?

I never used such method, but i think it depends.

The use of RTOS is more flexible, if you want to add new feature to your project.
But if your project only has specfic function and will never add new function, it is enough without using any RTOS, just forgot RTOS.

Just Compare RTOS sw development and 2 NIOS processor, which one will cost you less?? choose that. (i have no idea how much NIOS license cost )

aramis

Status
Not open for further replies.