Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active Clamp Fly Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

krmoni

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
active clamp flyback

I have been using Active Clamp for Powers from 100W to 700W in Forward topology. Recently i started working on Active Clamp Fly Back topology. The adavantage was tremendous in terms of cost & performance. But i have the following questions. 1. Can we use a Synchronous Mosfet with a extra winding for driving the gate in place of the rectifier since the converter works in Countinuous mode?
2. Does it voilate any patients?
3. ZVS is easy to achieve in Low Voltages like 12V & below with high Current Outputs . How ever in higher voltage outputs like 24, 48V ZVS is not consistent. Is this due to lower leakage Inductance in the Transformer? Is there any model based on which we can calculate the series Inductance required to achieve ZVS?

Status
Not open for further replies.