Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between closed integration and opened integration ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yousefsam

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pls i have a question, it seems desired for me .
my question in electromagnetic :
Q : What is the difference between closed integration and opened integration ?
this question seems easy but i can't understand why we take closed integration to find manetic field inensity :
∫H dl = N i ; but this integration along closed path .
but when we want to find flux density , we take opened integration :
∫B dA = Φ .
thaks all .

Re: hello guys

Closed integration in ∫H dl = N i refers to taking the integral path so that it starts and ends at the same point. While the open integration in ∫B dA = Φ means you have to take a piece of area and integrate over it. the fist one is closed in terms of dl since it starts and ends at the same l, while the second one which integrates over an area does not close up to any space.
Putting it another way, in the 1st integral no matter how you integrate the vector space of l that you integrate will form a closed space (a circle or any closed contour), while in the second integral the area vectors that you integrate will not form a closed space (eg a sphere), For Gauss Law you have to do a closed area integration.
I hope I understood your confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back