Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how cross-correlation divided by auto-correlation is implemented ?or should I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravoegg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to detect the start of each OFDM symbol in a continuous OFDM data flow. Each OFDM is composed of a cyclic prefix part and the data part.
One OFDM example: 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.
The data part is [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8], the cyclic prefix is [6 7 8]. As you can see, the first 3 samples are exactly the same as the last 3 samples.

Because of the similarities between prefix and the tail of OFDM symbol, we could do the following operations, and there're periodic peaks which indicate the start of an OFDM.
1.png

My question is,
1. ALmost every paper I read mentions this method, but there's division involved. Is it common to do this cross-correlation / auto-correlation in FPGA?(NOT IN MATLAB).
2. Any suggestions to how to implement this method? Or other algorithms that could help detection.

Thanks.

Use

A/b < c/d
A d < c d

For a b c d nonnegitive.

You are comparing ratios.

thanks for ur suggestion.

I've decided to use the sign bit of the input signals to do the correlation. By doing this tons of hardware resources could be saved. The downside is that the angle might not be so accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back