Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to etch & fabricate PCBs with the aid of Silk Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikat36

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please share the details procedure of etching & fabricating of PCB (Printed Circuit Board) with the aid of silk printing. Mind that I don't know Silk Printing. Only thing I know, if anyone want a very good quality PCB at home then Silk Printing is the best choice. Please share every details of procedure, indigents-trade name, ratio of mix, specification etc.
Please....
Thank you

If you do not know about silkscreen printing, how can you possibly know that it is the best choice for home users?

Its a lot of setup and cost for no difference.
UV Exposing UV sensitive board can give very good results for the home user and only takes a laser printer and a UV box.
Far less messy.

First of all thank you for your reply. Actually I haven't any Laser Printer, honestly no printer at all. I think Laser Printer along with UV box will be costlier than Silk Printing. But if you help me then it is sure that I will managed it.

Print screens have to be photo-developed as well. But the screen printing photomask is less sensitive and can't be easily exposed with a printout. As said, prefabricated photosensitive PCB substrates are the most easy and widely used option.

If your designs exist as data (gerber, bitmap) you have to print them somehow anyway. If you have films, they can be directly copied to photosensitive substrates.

Then what is ur suggestion 'Mattylad'?

See my first post.

UV sensitive board - you need a laser printer no matter what - it can be used for many other printing uses.
clear film that can be put through a laser printer without shrinking.
A UV exposure box and UV sensitive FR4.

There is no mess involved in this unlike with screen printing.

There are many methods of making a PCB at home and unless your wanting to do big batches I would not even consider silk screening for home use.
Having done this for a job in my youth, I can remember that you are going to need a UV oven to pass the boards through, UV exposure to make the screen,
compressed air to clean the screen off, chemicals etc.

The Ferric for etching is bad enough without involving screening inks.

I can only remember silk screening being used for component idents and solder resist, and that was years ago. Dry film photo imageable resist came out in the 80's. Silk screening is not going to have the resolution for modern day components and line widths. And as pointed out above their are much simpler methods.

Thanks 'Mattylad' & 'marce' for your suggestion.
But 'Mattylad' where & how can I find ur 1st post.
Actually, I am newbie in this forum.

You can find my first post b going to the top of this thread.

There is your first post, then after it is my first post in reply to yours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back