Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating Smooth Arcs in Altium Designer 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallythedesigner

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been working with a board house with a variety of non-standard board shapes. Many of these boards have a large number of arcs which are being broken into a even more arcs and so making the output files larger than the PCB manufacture would like. I have tried a number of options including utilizing the Gerber output option from the CAM checking the "use arcs" command. This did not result in an overall reduction in the number of commands required to route each board.

Does anyone have some advice on what I should change to get the desired result.

Cadence Virtuozo has no limitations for creating complex shapes in PCB

We currently only have Altium Designer 10 so switching CAD programs is not really an option.

well,
other possibility is to generate the PCB file in custom made software. Personally I have to create files >200Mb size in Altium and I found that the best approach is to use software. I made a library which converts any number of points into PcbDoc format (lines or arcs) and I can state it works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back