Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending AT commands using FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrashanthKK

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Need help on how to send AT commands using FPGA. In my project I'm not using any processor. I'm using one Lattice LCMXO3LF family FPGA and M35F GSM module from Quectel. So please let me know how to send the AT commands to GSM module from FPGA. Is it possible to send all AT commands from FPGA? or Instead of FPGA I need to use any kind of processor here to send the AT commands. But here I don't want to send AT commands through processor, I need to send from FPGA only.

If any one knows the solution here, please help me to do this.

Thanks & Regards
Prashanth KK

Hi,

A microcontroller needs:
* a UART as interface
* software to send the AT commends seqentially

Likewise with an FPGA you need:
* a UART as interface (IP)
* a state machine to send the AT commands.
all in all nothing special.

But usually sending AT commands is only half of the data transfer. Don't you need to receive and parse data, too?

Klaus

Dear Klaus,

Thanks for the reply.

Here I need to send the AT commands and also I need to receive the response. I want to do full duplex here.

Thanks & Regards
Prashanth KK

Hi,

We won't do your homework. But we will help you to rectify mistakes.

--> show what you have done so far.
Do internet research, draw flow charts, timing diagrams, schematics, write code...in this order. Don't start with code.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back