Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi cycle path of N clock cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_ray

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to specify the setup and hold for a multi cycle path of clock cycles N. Can anybody specify the correct syntax completely for both setup and hold?

Check the command guide of the tool you are using....

I suppose you are using some tool like Dc compiler and you want to specify a multicycle path constraint for a design...right ???

Yes Synopsys design compiler. I do not have any access now to any manual. There is no way.

Type "set_multicycle_path --help" at the command prompt. It will display the command syntax for you. If I remember right, there are options like -setup and -hold to specify the setup and hold options..

Type "set_multicycle_path --help" at the command prompt. It will display the command syntax for you. If I remember right, there are options like -setup and -hold to specify the setup and hold options..

The question is where the setup and where the hold check should happen and how the set_multicycle_path will appear with that . Please provide that information.

For me, set_multicycle_path is used with below condition:
- Timing violation on a path.
- Functional verification prove that, there is more than 1 cycle for capture FF to use the signal propagated from launch FF, on that path.

Hence, you need to ask Logic designer to provide set_multicycle_path.

If you dont have it, just start doing without set_multicycle_path, then collect the violated paths and review them. Pass them to designers for their comment on multicycle possibility.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back