Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I increase the Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with an AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyameephraim

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i increase Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz

with the following components, RB1 15K, RB2 =2.2K, RC =10K, RE =830 ohms.
AC signal is 10Mv, 1KHz, Vcc 12, for BJT Common Emitter amplifier

the present Av gain is 12
how can i reduce it to 10 ?

Re: how can i increase Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz

Badly worded question:
hfe is not indicated above, and you mentioned Mega volts where it would probably be mili volt.
In addition, is there no reactive component in the circuit (eg. capacitor) ?

Re: how can i increase Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz

with the following components, RB1 15K, RB2 =2.2K, RC =10K, RE =830 ohms.
AC signal is 10Mv, 1KHz, Vcc 12, for BJT Common Emitter amplifier

the present Av gain is 12
how can i reduce it to 10 ?

the transistor hfe is 300

Ok, did you even tried by yourself with the information sources available over there ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_emitter

You will have to parameterize some values (since the gain is defined), and in the end it will not be a direct numerical calculation, but the resolution of an algebraic equation, a nice opportunity to learn.

On another website forum he posted a schematic larger than my neighbourhood so I fixed it and made it look normal.
I answered his question by posting a simulation.
He said he tried it and it did not work.
EDIT: I notice that on this website the title says he wants to increase the gain but his paragraph says he wants to decrease the gain.

Attachments

• transistor2.png
    transistor2.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back